Friday, March 13, 2009

I am on my own

I am a most sought after professional in the industry
And I am here ever since, I could remember
Though, it was not my choice, I was pushed into it
Yet, my integrity, hard work and dedication to the profession
I am in is still unquestionable
I never visited a place of worship
Seeking peace and prosperity
Yet I believe there is someone protecting me out there
I am not from a premier business institute
Or a well known research agency, nor did I attend school
Though I wished to
Yet I am extremely good at what I have been doing
My decade old clients acknowledge and vouch for it
I must tell you,
Initially it was a nightmare,
It used to be a daily visit almost to a hopeless hell
And I have indeed experienced a state near to death
You know, today I am a seasoned player
I have learnt to accept the hard reality
And trying to be happy and get going
My industry is ever growing
Even with many limitations and a stiff competition
It is still highly rewarding
My neighbors, relatives and some of my friends never
Know what my profession is
I am no less respected, because I have everything
In place that determines the status in society
Now, I never suffer from insecurity,
Nor I am a victim of recession through a pink slip
I am on my own
I am on my own

No comments: