Saturday, April 25, 2009

An encounter

The sky is all alone and empty
So serene and still
And it’s scorching noon
Why am I eager?
To spot the celestial
Silver clouds
Moving in tune
And the lines of ibis birds
Flying in rhythm

Why did I?
Snatch the book
And turn the pages so hastily
While trying to resist
An intense outburst!

Why am I so restless?
To find the heavenly leaves
Of light green to dun
Dancing in tune with a gentle wind
On a naked tree!

Why am I?
Collecting so hurriedly
I mean, almost breathless
All that junk food at home
And had it all at one go
Later to feel copiously relieved!

Here is
The damn newspaper!
Laying fast asleep
And I wander impolitely
Biting nails with heavy perspiration
Then I tore it, crushed it and threw
It all to dustbin waiting there
And thereafter felt immensely relaxed!

As the intense temper at last
Began to recede hesitantly
The dirty swollen red face
Still groans and moans
To accept the defeat

A bright and soothing twilight
And it’s the time for
Yet another encounter
A pleasing and a graceful mind
Still boasts of a feigned anger

2 comments:

UB said...

I was pondering about the sky during the past few weeks while observing the birds flying and having fun. You are very gifted with words. Enjoyable

ಚಂದಿನ | Chandrashekar said...

Dear UB,
Thanks a lot...
for your time and encouraging words...

warm regards,
Chandrashekar